Thursday, October 8, 2009

The 7 Deadly Sins of Online Chatting.


I have been a frequent internet user since 2001. Since my friend introduced me to YAHOO, MSN and helped me get an account. These 8 years I have used - learned - learned to avoid the 7 deadly sins of online chatting. Not only does it suck to the extreme - it is incredibly annoying for others.

1. HAVING CAPS LOCK ON ALL THE TIME

It's okay if you're yelling/making a point/making a word stand out! Don't get me wrong. I do that. But all the time? Which sentence do you prefer:

Went back to school yesterday and it was like WOAH
WENT BACK TO SCHOOL YESTERDAY AND IT WAS LIKE WOAH

Stop it.

2. TyPiN LiKe DiS

I feel like my brain is wobbling when I have to read it! Also, doesn't it kinda take longer for you to talk like that anywho? It may look cool... to like, a 9 year old.

3. Typing with a x on the end

As much as i love my cousin, she does this. Every time she says something she puts x. So our conversations look like:

"Hey whats up?"
"Not much, yourself? x"
"Oh not much, college today. Kinda boring =P"
"Ohh how annoying x"
"You have a nice day?"
"Yeah been okay thanks x"

Not only is it terribly annoying, i look like a huge bitch for not doing the same thing!

4. txt tlk

I used to do this when i was younger, but I got out of the habit early on. I was quite young, 12 maybe? I now have to think about how text language is used, and what they would say. And i'm finding it harder and harder to read.

5. Being "Away" When you're not actually away!

It's just rude. Seriously. It's like you're choosing who you want to talk to. Something you can only get away with on the online world! it's seriously rude.

If you don't want to speak to them... block them! xD

6. Wheeeeeen peeeeeople eeeelaboraaaate what they're saying, like thisssssssss!

I do it a little... but i genuinely know some people who do it like with every sentence. It's not cool guys. It's annoying.

7. When people change their display name every 2 seconds

I don't really want to use the email address to identify you. Isn't that what MSN names is all about?

Can you think of any more sins of online chatting?

No comments: